Wednesday, December 1

And in the Indie World

I like the Independent Spirit Awards, mostly because I can walk to the beach and be an on-looker. The nominees were announced while I was gone:

BEST FEATURE: Baadasssss!; Kinsey; Maria Full of Grace; Primer; Sideways

BEST DIRECTOR: Shane Carruth, Primer; Joshua Marston, Maria Full of Grace; Alexander Payne, Sideways; Walter Salles, The Motorcycle Diaries; Mario Van Peebles, Baadasssss!

BEST SCREENPLAY: Baadasssss!, Mario Van Peebles and Dennis Haggerty; Before Sunset, Richard Linklater and Julie Delpy (news) and Ethan Hawke (news); The Door in the Floor, Tod Williams; Kinsey, Bill Condon; Sideways, Alexander Payne and Jim Taylor

BEST FIRST FEATURE: Brother to Brother, Garden State, Napoleon Dynamite, Saints and Soldiers, The Woodsman

BEST FIRST SCREENPLAY: Brother to Brother, Rodney Evans; Garden State, Zach Braff; Maria Full of Grace, Joshua Marston; Primer, Shane Carruth; Robbing Peter, Mario F. de la Vega

I guess I'm gonna see Baadassssss! And I usually never miss a movie with Mario Van Peebles. Highlander II, baby!

No comments: