Tuesday, December 14

More Proof That Elton Heads the Gay Mafia

Associated Press:

In an open letter to Heat magazine, released Tuesday, Michael accused John of spreading unsubstantiated gossip picked up on the "gay grapevine.

In comments published last month, John, 57, told Heat that "George is in a strange place. There seems to be a deep-rooted unhappiness in his life and it shows on the (latest) album. All I would say to George is: you should get out more."

Michael, 41, said he and John were not close, and that he had kept his distance because "I was always aware that Elton's circle of friends was the busiest rumor mill in town, and that respect for my privacy was not exactly guaranteed."

"And to this day, most of what Elton thinks he knows about my life is pretty much limited to the gossip he hears on what you would call the `gay grapevine' which, as you can imagine, is lovely stuff indeed," Michael added. "Other than that, he knows that I don't like to tour, that I smoke too much pot, and that my albums still have a habit of going to number one.

No comments: