Monday, December 20

my weekend

Dan,
I know this is an "entertainment" blog but i figured i'd write about my crazy exploits because i've discovered that my life is way funnier than most tv shows, with the exception of arrested development. so i got pulled over on friday night. i was on my way to illadelphia (for a holliday debaucle, which i'll write about later) fighting dc rush hour traffic and decided to take a calculated risk by turning left onto connecticut ave from nebraska ave. the turn was of course, illegal (like most things in dc), and it follows, that i was pulled over. so i give the po po my license, registration, and insurance, which are all from ohio. trying to play the stupid tourist, i threw on my best midwestern accent (oh gash, officer blah blah) and explained that i didn't see the gigantic neon sign that clearly prohibited a left turn.
turns out i didn't have to be so stupid because apparently my driver's license didn't come up in the ohio registry. that's right. i've been driving for a year now on a license that apparently doesn't exist. so instead of assuming that i'm a terrorist, the office left me with a stern warning.
i've already had 5 hershey minis this morning, and i think i'm going to spit up.

No comments: