Wednesday, December 22

People's Best of 2004

I hate People Magazine, yet I can't avoid reading it. I think it is tacky, and my perception of its reader is a 50-ish woman, smoking a cigarette sitting on a lawn chair in her trailer park. So I take Peoples' opinions with a grain of salt. Here are their favorites:

MOVIES
Spider-Man 2
The Incredibles
Ray
Sideways
The Motorcycle Diaries (eh)
Kinsey
Hero (way over-rated)
Hotel Rwanda
Vera Drake

Basically, I think this is an okay, uncreative choice of 10.

TV
Lost
Broadway: An American Musical (PBS' uber-boring doc)
Desperate Housewives
Rescue Me
Deadwood
Huff (this was a piece of shit, by the way)
House
The Daily Show
The Life and Death of Peter Sellers
Pimp My Ride (ok, this is an unexpected choice)

More creative, and accurate, than its movie choices.

MUSIC
Gwen Stefani
George Michael
Brandy (huh?)
Eminem
Van Hunt
Talib Kweli (great CD)
Jill Scott
Jamie Cullum
Gretchen Wilson
U2

OK, but I don't think the trailer crowd is into intellectual hip-hop, no? People also lists Randy Jackson's playlist, but I don't care.

No comments: