Thursday, December 16

Oscar Race

I am so behind on my movies, it's pathetic. I haven't seen any of the three movies sure to get a best picture nomination: Sideways, The Aviator and Million Dollar Baby.

There are 5 movies vying for slots 4 and 5: Ray, Finding Neverland, Phantom, Hotel Rwanda and Fahrenheit 9/11. My bets go towards Neverland and Rwanda (although I've only seen Neverland and 9/11 here).

Unfortunately, Eternal Sunshine and The Incredibles and Bad Education and Garden State and Before Sunset have no chance. Although Eternal Sunshine and Bad Education (and maybe Before Sunset) will get a writing nod, Incredibles will win best animated feature, and Julie Delpy has a shot at best actress for Before Sunset. The most surprising thing I'm reading is that Tina Fey has a shot at writing for Mean Girls! Go girl!

No comments: