Friday, December 3

Steroids Schmeroids

Okay, do we really care if Jason Giambi, Barry Bonds and Marion Jones took steroids or other performance enhancing drugs? I don't particularly care myself. It's their choice and their body. However, it certainly doesn't show good judgement on their parts especially given the fact that young kids tend to pay attention to these popular (not to mention, high paid!) athletes and desire to emulate them.

I guess what bothers me most is when the athletes deny knowing anything about the substances given to them by their so-called trainers. C'mon... do they really think any of us believe them? There's no doubt they are talented but to sit there and act innocent is what I have a real problem with. They aren't stupid and neither is the American public.

Why MLB hasn't instituted stricter drug-testing guildelines by now is beyond me. Are they blind? No wait... it's all about the money. Silly me.

No comments: