Tuesday, January 25

(Pissed Off) U2 Fan

I joined U2.com for $40 to take advantage of a U2.com member pre-sale for their upcoming tour on Ticketmaster that promised the best seats to loyal fans.

Today, the pre-sale began, four days before the general public can buy tickets. I tried for a few hours to get tickets, but ticketmaster.com continually posted an error message. I called customer service and their advice was to continue trying.

I finally got through, and the general admission tickets (on the floor, next to the stage, and much cheaper at $50 than any of the seats) were not available. Although, I could easily purchase nose-bleed seats for $165 each.

So I do a little investigating and find out through the U2 boards that most members of the fan club were unable to get general admission tickets. And then I go on ebay and craigslist, and hundreds of general admission tickets are being sold by scalpers for hundreds of dollars.

Something is fishy. I don't know if it's ticketmaster or U2.com. I want to know what the deal is. I want my $40 U2.com subscription back, and I'm not going to pay more than $50 to see my favorite band. I think I got screwed. And, although I've always hated ticketmaster and simply do not understand their monopoly, I have a newfound disrespect for them and the concert industry as a whole.

No comments: