Sunday, March 13

It's Still Pilot Season

A snapshot of what you may, or may likely will not, be watching next fall:

Peter Facinelli will star in ABC's drama pilot "Westside." He'll play the leader of a team of Realtors at an upscale agency specializing in high-end homes on Los Angeles' Westside. I know a little bit about high-end homes on the westwide. I looked for condos a year ago and found a two-bedroom in Santa Monica for the low price of $480,000. Same condo this year? Probably about $600,000. People have too much money here, and I hope this drama makes fun of that.

Pussy is back! Vincent Pastore will lead on NBC's drama about an old-school Italian family that owns a deli in the North End of Boston. Cool, but I bet his name isn't Pussy no more!

David Conrad joined CBS' pilot about young newlywed (Jennifer Love Hewitt) who communicates with the dead. I wonder if she'll be able to communicate with her other three pilots that were thrown in the trash. She's not having much luck getting a TV show.

Timm Sharp has nabbed the lead in NBC's "Early Bird," playing a writer who is fired from his dream TV writing job and finds himself chilling out at a retirement village. I wonder if that's foreshadowing for the writers of this show.

Brady Smith is set to co-star in CBS' "Everything I know About Men," as the boyfriend of a female ad agency executive. I don't know who Brady Smith is.

The WB Network has cast newcomer Nathalie Kelley and Geoff Stults as the two leads in its untitled mermaid drama pilot. Australian-born Kelley will play a mermaind who tries life on land in Miami. Well, this sounds intriguing! Kind of a remake of Splash, which was soooo good when I was 7.

No comments: