Tuesday, July 5

Live 8 Coverage

Yeah, so MTV sucks the big one. There were so many great acts performing on Saturday. And the best they can do is air HALF of a song? Not even an entire set by a band, okay. But not an entire SONG? They messed this up BIG. Coldplay and Richard Ashcroft singing Bittersweet Symphony, and music fans aren't interested in hearing the whole song? U2 performing One, and MTV only showing the introduction to the song, and then cutting to a commercial break? It was pathetic. I Tivo'd it, watched the first couple hours, got extremely pissed off, and went on to watch something else. I hope MTV gets a lot of flack for this. First of all, they prove they no longer give a shit about the music and betrayed music fans all over the world. Second, this was such a huge, groundbreaking event for a greatly important cause, and they acted like it was the fucking Billboard Music Awards recap. I wonder if they even played the entire U2/Paul McCartney "Sgt. Pepper's" performance. Talk about history. They probably went to a damn commercial break. Shit, MTV. You're shit.

On the other hand, I hear AOL's coverage was fantastic. I didn't have my internets up yet. When I do, they are streaming the performances, and there are several I'd love to check out.

No comments: