Tuesday, July 26

30 Days

This show is only mildly entertaining. I got really excited last night about two episodes I had tivo'ed.

1. A homophobic farm boy moves into the Castro in San Francisco with a gay roommate and lives the gay lifestyle. It wasn't nearly as funny as it sounded, and the guy was truly a homophobe. He "changed" at the end, but it seemed manufactured. Like the producers said, "I know you hate fags, but could you just pretend that you've changed....?"

2. A mom is worried about her daughter's college binge-drinking (sounds familiar!) and decides to binge-drink for 30 days. Sounds exciting, right? Well, it's not. Because the mom is just constantly hungover. I turned it off after about 30 minutes, just after she vomited out of the car. Anyone who can make vomiting out of the car not fun doesn't deserve to vomit out of the car on TV.

I may check out episodes from time to time, but it's not really all that enlightening or amusing. Although, I have to admit, Morgan Spurlock (the creator/host) is very likeable.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I haven't caught up on all the Tivo'd eppies yet, but I did think the one about the electricity hogs living in the vegan, organic, no electricity environment to be rather amusing. Having to gather their poo and compost it was hilarious. I felt compelled to save energy afterwards and bought one of those twisty-looking lightbulbs as a tribute to the show!