Wednesday, May 25

LOST LOST LOST!!!

From E!:

Terry O'Quinn talks about fans and costars Role: John Locke
Where We Found Him: New York City
Need-to-Know Info: News flash for Emmy voters: Terry O'Quinn might just be the best actor on the planet. And you would know this for certain if you met him in person. Onscreen, he plays an über-creepy God-like character who, with seemingly benign phrases, makes the hair on the back of your neck stand up; in real life, Terry is charming, personable, understated and warm. He's been known to kill time on the set by singing little ditties and playing his "gee-tar" (and mind you, should the acting thing ever run its course, he's equally musically talented), and he jokes of starting a Lost band with costars Naveen Andrews and Dominic Monaghan. Still, given his gripping onscreen persona, you can't help but freak out a little in his presence.

A lot has changed since I last saw you in Hawaii nine months ago. Now I know. You're amazing. Locke is amazing. I mean, I just, honestly, I'm trembling a little bit standing next to you.
Well, I'm trembling a little bit standing next to you.

Does the show have even more of a rabid following than you thought it was going to?
I think it has. You know, I didn't have any notions about it at the beginning. I didn't know what kind of following it was gonna get, but yeah, I had the feeling that the people who are fans of the show are solid fans of the show. I mean, I wouldn't have expected that. It's pretty great.

Finale's coming up. What can you tell us?
I can't tell you anything. I can tell you that we just saw a clip...and it was beautiful. There was a scene with Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjin that just tore you apart. It's gonna be beautiful. You know, I thought the show was visually stunning from the first time I saw it. And it just gets better, more so at the end--really big production quality. It's really gorgeous.

So, now, I'm not gonna ask you to answer these questions because I know, even as a fan, I don't wanna know, but do you know what's in the hatch, and do you know why you're in a wheelchair? Do you know?
No, no and no.

Really?
No. I don't, and I'm kinda proud of the fact. I haven't asked them. They have no desire to tell me, and I think that's fine. I think it's great. I'm just working without a net, and I'm acting on faith and going forward. If I do something wrong, then they'll tell me, "No, you can't do that, because of something that's gonna happen down the road." But that hasn't even happened, so we're pretty well in sync, and I'm looking forward to finding out. It's fun not to have that baggage.

Matthew Fox
Matthew Fox: a fan as well as an actor Role: Jack Shepard, M.D.
Location: Walking arm-in-arm with his lovely wife
Need-to-Know Info: Matthew Fox is anything but your typical Hollywood story. He grew up on a ranch in Wyoming (where his parents raised longhorn cattle and horses), he loves to bond with nature (sometimes, as you may have heard, au naturel), and he has been married for 14 years to his lovely wife, Margherita. Although he has already secured his place in the heartthrob hall of fame playing Charlie Salinger on Party of Five, his background and home life have clearly kept Foxy (yes, that's his nickname around the set) grounded. Sadly for us, that also means he's a decent guy who knows how to keep a secret.

Hey!
How ya doin'?

I'm good! Slightly obsessed with your show, but what's changed?
I've been hearing that about you.

Well, it is the best show on television.
I couldn't agree with you more. [Laughs.] No, I'm just so excited about how people are responding to it. They seem to be sort of building momentum with their passion for the show. And we're kind of motoring towards the end of the year when they're gonna find out some juicy stuff about the island and about what's happening with these people, and I'm very excited.

What can you tell us about the finale?
Um, nothing... [Smiles.]

Come on. Some little morsel!
I can tell you that it's really good. Um, and stuff happens, and some other stuff happens. Some big things are going to be answered. There are going to be some questions answered for people, and I think they'll be excited about that, but at the same time, there will be more questions asked. So, I think it'll be a little frustrating for the audience because, you know, they're going to have a whole summer to try to figure it all out. There are a few things that are boom!--popped on 'em at the very end--but it's going to be amazing. I promise.

Kate and Jack: Are they going to happen before the season ends?
I'm not sure about that...There are a lot of other things going on, obviously. They are definitely drawn to each other in a really intense way. But you have to remember, it's only been 40 days on the island, and it's going to take some time for two characters like that, from what we've learned about their pasts, to allow for that to happen. These are two people who don't fall easily. So, even if they're feeling it inside, they're denying it to themselves.

Are you still loving Hawaii?
Yeah, very much. Very much. My wife and I are loving it there. The locals just treat us so well, and they've been so supportive of the show. And I mean, it's been a great year. A year ago, we were just the show that everybody was talkin' about, but everybody was gonna wait a few months before they really saw it, and nobody knew how it was going to do. And so it feels like just an incredible ride.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Arg! The finale has come and gone and I am pissed they didnt answer any big questions - only raised new ones!