Wednesday, May 18

Bye, Everybody Loves Raymond

My favorite sitcom came to an end on Monday night. Easily the funniest traditional sitcom on TV, and the only one where I don't continually wonder, "why the fuck is the audience laughing?"

It didn't come to an abrupt end with Ray's dad dying, or his brother and wife having a baby, or his family moving to California for Ray's new job, or everyone figuring out just how to love each other and not fight anymore. It ended with a typical episode... funny as hell, some touching but not contrived scenes and one final scene at the breakfast table with everyone talking and fighting and laughing and... well, it didn't really end. That's why I loved it.

I give CBS sitcoms a lot of shit, mainly because they are mostly clones of Raymond. This was the real deal. I'll miss it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I must have more info on Lost! The finale is next week and so many questions unanswered!