Wednesday, February 22

Johnny Weir-isms

This is hilarious. Thanks Real World Dan.

I put combinations of words into search engines to see what quotes I could find. Please enjoy. I put links to the stories were I found them; several are from the same interview, so read all the quotes first before you click on any stories.
We loves.
~~~
Johnny+Weir+spandex
"I don't like to be called a jock," Weir said. "That makes me think of spandex-covered football players. It's not me. I'm in rhinestones and velvet, not spandex."
~
Johnny+Weir+controversial
On his hotel room in the Olympic Village: ''I'm very princessy as far as travel is concerned, having a nice room and things like that. I hate carrying my own luggage. I hate trekking up stairs. I like a nice bed to be laid out for me, so it's not any of that. It's a little dusty, very under-decorated, the beds aren't very soft. But I'm enjoying it. I'm roughing it. It's the same thing as me going out into the woods."
~
Johnny+Weir+drunk
On hearing the news he made the Olympic team: "My mom is getting drunk already."
~
Johnny+Weir+butt:
Tips on proper tanning: "Make sure you wear the hairnet. And make sure you don't shower for two and a half hours, not three. 'Cause three, for some reason, it sticks a little harder. But I've been doing the lay-down tanning bed, and where my butt cheeks push together there's a white triangle because it never gets tan."
~
Johnny+Weir+cocaine:
On his guilty pleasures: "Cocaine... I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Guilty pleasures -- I love a good steak. I love maxing out credit cards. I feel good when I do that."
~
Johnny+Weir+boa
To a USA Today reporter who said he wore a boa to a press conference: "Is the writer from USA Today here?" (writer raises hand.) "That was a scarf, not a boa -- dead chinchilla, not feathers."
~Johnny+Weir+boas+are+out
"...all of a sudden I was causing a stir because I was wearing a chinchilla scarf that someone thought was a boa. First of all, boas are so out. Secondly, I would never wear a boa to a press conference."