Monday, November 7

U2

I have nothing to say about U2 that I haven't before. Easily the best band currently working. And the only vital band in their third decade.

Marc, my concert going partner, was randomly chosen to stand inside the "eclipse" and bring a friend with him. Lucky me! We were about 5 feet away from the band. I think Adam Clayton winked at me. (By the way, he is the coolest member of U2.)

Some moments that will be burned in my mind for years to come:

-An acoustic set that included Walk On and Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses. Bono forgot the lyrics to Horses as Edge's guitar strings snapped

-Singing In A Little While and making up his own lyrics to the tune of I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For

-Bono doing a damn fine Pavrotti impression during Miss Sarajevo (a rare song I'm thrilled to have heard live)

-U2 pulling out an oldie, MLK!

-Ending the show with Bad, easily my favorite U2 song. I think it was stretched to about 12 minutes. Bono got the crowd singing "People Have the Power." The crowd continued to chant about 5-10 after the lights went up

No comments: