Monday, November 7

A Bigger Bang

The Rolling Stones. Man, these geezers still rock! They're pushing 65 and they can still prance along the stage, Mick still has a voice, and the band can still play. I have to admit, the songs of their newest album didn't do much for me (or my dad or, seemingly, the rest of the audience). I got up and bought him a t-shirt.

But when I returned, they broke into Wild Horses, Get Off Of My Cloud, Sympathy For The Devil, Honky Tonk Women, Start Me Up, Brown Sugar, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Satisfaction all in a row. It was amazing! The Rolling Stones helped prove that a crowd of mostly 40- and 50-somethings could still rock, too.

Side notes:

There isn't a better venue to see a big concert than The Hollywood Bowl. It's magical.

How did I get so lucky to see two of the greatest rock bands within a week of each other?

No comments: