Monday, August 1

Six Feet Under

I don't even know what to say. This episode was absolutely devastating. It took me completely by surprise. I need to watch it again when I get home. I need to see the next episode. I need to figure out what it all means.

The acting was phenomenal, especially by Michael C. Hall (his David is becoming such a wonderful father) and Lauren Ambrose (I love the direction Claire is going, and hope art comes back into her life soon). I was sad but glad that Brenda didn't kick the living shit out of Maggie. And at the same time, I felt bad for Maggie. She didn't belong there. But I was glad she didn't belong there. I feel awful for Ruth. She is in for an awful surprise when she gets home. She is going to be so upset that she decided to go on an unannounced camping trip. Claire had the best line, but I won't ruin it for people who haven't seen this episode yet.

I watched this episode with my mom, and it was difficult trying to explain what was happening. These characters are so life-like. Their stories and situations are complicated. I couldn't explain to my mom in just a few words who Maggie was. Or why Brenda and Nate were fighting. This is like real life. The characters are all good, part bad, complicated, sad, happy. It reminds me of myself. Even though I am not like any of them. That is the brilliance of this show.

I am going to miss Six Feet Under.

No comments: