Wednesday, August 31

Seth Cohen's Band

So last night I went to The Viper Room to see Big Japan, Adam Brody's band. Let me back up...

I went to the beach to play volleyball, threw out my back, and then went to The Viper Room to see Big Japan, Adam Brody's band.

I got to The (famous) Viper Room (where River Phoenix died) around 8:30. A shitty band called Ghosts on the Radio played for too long (about 20 minutes). Their set included a shitty cover of Creep. It wasn't only shitty because the band is shitty, but the guitarist decided to stop playing (he kept playing with his wires, so maybe something went wrong), the drummer was playing the bass, so it was just the whiney singer and a bass. Yeah. It sounded greeeeaaat.

The next band, called OSLO, was - quite frankly - awesome! They sounded like a mix between Interpol and Snow Patrol. They were very charismatic. Very loud. They had that "wall-of-sound" sound. I really liked them and will keep tabs on them.

Then I realized my back freakin' hurt. I could barely stand (even today, I'm having some trouble). So I decided I really didn't want to see Big Japan that bad. Hell, I had already spotted Rachel Bilson (cute).

So I went home.

No comments: