Tuesday, August 16

Nieces Rock Out

Recently, while in Columbus visiting my sister & family, I found out my nieces (4 & 2) are quite the little rockers! My sister has been listening to Led Zeppelin on her way to work. Apparently Maddie & Cate really like the Immigrant Song and will sing along, screaming at various points during the song and start head bobbing while in their little car seats.

Last Friday my mom & I picked them up to bring them to grandma & grandpa's for the weekend. I made sure my iPod was loaded with Led Zeppelin so the girls could rock out a little. Once on the road, I told them I would play "their song". Sure, enough, heads start bobbing, Cate starts screaming. Totally hysterical.

Although my mother had to be a kill-joy..... she thinks the girls should be listening to Christian music. (as if they'd know the difference!!!???)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The mother of said children would like to add that her children also listen the Blue Collar (blues) show on public radio every Sunday during dinner, as well as Dave Matthews, the O Brother Where Art Thou soundtrack, the barking song (Jane's Addiction-Been Caught Stealing), plus various other artists of many different genres (nothing dirty, grandma!). Also, I must add they love the Wiggles (saw them on the '04 tour) and many other children's artists, songs. It's a well rounded musical library.