Thursday, October 21

West Wing

Good Lord!
That's what I have to say about the season premier of West Wing last night. Now I've been a fan of the show for a few years now, and over the summer I passed my free time by hosting my own West Wing DVD Marathons. And if that wasn't enough, bravo to Bravo! for airing the show thrice daily, and even more on Mondays! So based on this cursory history I've given you, you can imagine how I was visibly shaken by the thought of Donatella Moss Leaving the show. The whole car bomb in Israel took me off guard, and the thought of Donna passing without any nuptails to Josh would be just terrible (and too much like ER). So I am happy to announce that Donna woke up this episode in an intensive care unit in Germany. She's not out of the clouds yet, as we also learned that there were complications during sugery and so she may be brain damaged (a potential plot line that doesn't thrill me). However, Josh was by her side, showing that he actually has a soul.
In other WW news, I think the Bartlett Administration is going to bomb the Palestinians, and will face political turmoil with the debut of Alan Alda as a spunky GOP'er from Cali (I didn't know these people existed, sauf Aahnold). Regardless, I think WW fans will see a better quality show this season. I know there was criticism about last season, and I think we'll see improvment. For someone who hails from Dayton (like Allison Janey, Rob Lowe, and Martin Sheen), and works in Washington, this is a good thing.

1 comment:

D said...

I meant to catch it last night, but forgot. I, too, have watched the entire first three seasons on DVD and Bravo. I didn't see season 4 and I heard season 5 was pretty gnarly. So maybe I'll give 6 a test drive. I think Donna is one of the best characters in a show where most characters are pretty interesting. Glad she didn't bite the bullet.