Tuesday, December 12

Wolfmother

I'm seeing them tonight. With people from Spin Magazine. We're going backstage.

UPDATE: So I didn't go back stage. They rock. They are awesome. You can tell when a band is a real band when they're tight on stage and live. They are a real throw back to classic 70s rock, but they're also very modern. Get their album if you haven't already.

Before the concert, I went to dinner with my friends at Spin magazine. We sat between the marketing manager for Wolfmother and the guy that scouted and signed them. I talked to him for a while. He said he didn't quite know what made him good at what he did. He wasn't particularly good at figuring out lyrics, he wasn't a trained musician... yet, he signed Wolfmother, TV on the Radio and Buckcherry! And he was also stoned out of his damn mind. It was so much fun.

We also went into the after party. Saw the guys come in, but really I was focused on drinking as much for free as possible.

No comments: