Friday, August 25

Rolling Stone's Fall Music Preview

I'm only writing about the ones that I'm excited about. You can check out the rest in the latest issue, the one with God (aka Bob Dylan) on the cover.

Justin Timberlake - Futuresex/Lovesounds

I wonder if Outkast inspired this album title. Seems a little... familiar. Even so, I loved his first album. Hope this is a nice follow up.

TV on the Radio - Return to Cookie Mountain

Like the title of their album, this band makes no sense. Couldn't stand their critically-aclaimed first album, so I plan to avoid this one, too.

Ben Kweller - Self titled

His inspiration for this album is old Tom Petty stuff. Cool!

Beck - The Information

Had no idea he had a new album coming out! LOVED Guero. I guess this one is just a mish-mash of whatever the fuck he felt like doing. The album cover is blank. Inside are stickers that you can put on there to customize it. This guy is so crazy, but I never miss his albums.

Taylor Hicks - TBD

Yeah, right.

The Who - Endless Wire

I guess the preview version of this album is really hot. I'm definitely going to check ths out. FYI - it's a rock opera, just like their classic, Tommy.

Incubus - Light Grenades

God, I used to love them! Then they came out with an album I couldn't get excited about (whatever their last one was called). Hope this one improves greatly on the last. FYI - saw them live back in May, and they were great!

Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

Like their album titles, this band is unpredictable, and musically genius. Can't wait.

The Killers - Sam's Town

I hear it's like Queen and Bruce Springsteen all mashed up. I'm already in line.

Maroon 5 - TBD

They need to do something completely different here, or I'm simply not interested.

Clay Aiken - A Thousand Different Ways

I can think of a thousand different jokes.

Scissor Sisters - Ta-Dah

I guess for when I'm in the mood to dance.

...And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead - TBD

If you haven't heard their last album, Worlds Apart, you must get it now. They are one of the most intriguing and hard-rocking bands out there. The last was a rock opera, I guess, and had some beautiful moments. Cannot wait for this one, and I hope I finally get to see one of their (almost legendary) live shows.

No comments: