Friday, November 12

Coming Attractions

Last night I saw "The Incredibles." All of the trailers were crappy (especially "Cars" and "Son of the Mask"), so I spent this afternoon on Apple's website watching coming attractions. Some high- and low-lights.

"Tarnation" - A man videotaped most of his life from childhood through young adulthood, bought a Mac with iMovie and edited it all together. This is the result. Looks utterly fascinating.

"House of Flying Daggers" - OK, I could sit through another "Hero," which was another "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon," but both were great movies (especially "Tiger").

"A Very Long Engagement" - I have no idea what this movie is about, but I loved Amelie, which shares the same director and star.

"In Good Company" - I read about this and thought, "No." But watching the trailer, it has a very Cameron Crowe feel to it. Plus the cast is great! Dennis Quaid, Topher Grace (!), Scarlett Johansson, Marg Helgenberger and Selma Blair.

"Monster-In-Law" - The trailer opens with "From the director of Legally Blonde and starring Jennifer Lopez" which means I'm not going to see it.

No comments: