Monday, October 10

The Killers

I saw them on Thursday at the Long Beach Arena, which is SO high school gymnasium. I can't believe they actually book concerts here. It reminded me of the "Fish Under The Sea" dance, or whatever the dance in Back to the Future was called. Tacky.

British Sea Power opened, and boy did they suck. That's all I'm going to say about them.

The Killers: you know, I love the Killers. I think their album is fantastic, and I cannot wait to see what they put out next. I think I'll say the same thing about their concert. I can't wait to see what they sound like in 5 years. Because, quite frankly, they were a bit amateurish. (Not that anyone in the audience would agree.) The big hits came across BIG. Probably because the crowd was totally into them. The slower songs didn't come off quite as well. And when they played Ziggy Stardust, the audience was completely lost.

They have a bit of a charasma problem. Brandon Flowers all but admitted it when he said critics are harsh on the band for their bad banter between songs.

Like I said... see what they're like in 5 years. Or after their next album when they have even more, dynamic material.

No comments: