Tuesday, October 4

Important Announcement

Sit down, folks. This may come as a shock but for nearly two years now, I have had Tivo connected to my satellite WITHOUT being able to receive local channels. Gasp! I have had to use the (say it slowly....) VCR (gasp!) if I wanted to watch something on "regular tv" at another time. Yes, it felt awkward and wrong, but I live in the sticks. I'm damn lucky to have indoor plumbing, to be honest.

At any rate, I have remedied the problem, no thanks to DirecTV, however. Seems that when they installed the Tivo receiver they should have also updated the dish. Like I said, that was nearly two years ago. All this time I could have had Season Passes, but no..... I had to program the damn VCR, as if I was living in caveman times.

Tomorrow... just in the knick of time for LOST.... they will be updating our dish and installing a secondary dish to pull in local channels. I don't care what they do, just pipe them local channels through that Tivo unit, or else!!!!

From here on out, I should have no excuse whatsoever for not being on top of all the important television moments.

No comments: