Now, on to the wedding! "Once a Bride, Always a Duggar" and "A Very Duggar Wedding" aired on Sunday night on TLC.
The first was a half-hour show featuring Josh and Anna's wedding preparations, including a trip to Florida for Josh and his sisters.
- The older Duggar girls got to travel sans-parents!
- The older Duggar girls, plus Anna, were bossed around by Josh as they prepared for the wedding.
- Anna obviously only married Josh to get out of the trailer she was living in with her parents and 8 siblings.
- A "fancy restaurant" to the Duggars is one with silverware and glassware.
- The photo pillow Anna made for Josh with a giant picture of them together. (Did he use it to practice for his first kiss?!)
- Josh called the restaurant they went to "Eye-talian" and couldn't pronounce the names of any of the foreign foods like lasagna or fettuccini.
- The waiter at the restaurant was crazy! (And yes folks, he's for real.)
- The Duggar girls set some sort of trap to spray Josh with soda when he opened his car door..?
- Anna and the Duggar sisters ended up making some beautiful bridesmaid dresses.
- Erin Bates played the piano wonderfully.
- John-David speaks! And is funny! (Is Erin Bates lined up for him?)
- Jim Bob's "talk" with Josh, which mostly consisted of giving him a Christian book on wedding-night prep, and telling him to listen to whatever his silly wife wants to blather on about.
- Pa Keller's pick-and-choose translation of the bible. "Jesus changed the water to wine at the wedding. That word really means grape juice. He changed the water to grape juice."
- The hair!
- The "transfer of authority" from Pa Keller to Josh. Poor Anna will never be under her own authority, I guess.
- Josh's "serenade." I guess he has an okay voice, I just hate when people sing like that.
- Josh went into their wedding night hotel room first, leaving Anna to drag the suitcases behind her.
- The engagement re-enactment skit. They got every detail down to the half-hug! And I loved the lines, "It's her birthday, give her some lemon in her water," and "It's a half-carrot [crunch]."
- Jim Bob equates sex to Legos.
- John-David wiring the car brakes to the horn!
- There was rampant pickle-eating!
- The first kiss, which I highly doubt was worthy of the sound effects they played for it (including church bells, choirs, and fireworks).